FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 
[Angels of Light] - We are Him

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    www.apinkdream.org Index du Forum -> Other voices
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Cedrik
The Top
The Top

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 30, 2008 11:51    Sujet du message: [Angels of Light] - We are Him Répondre en citant

1. Black River Song
2. Promise of Water
3. Man We Left Behind
4. My Brother's Man
5. Not Here/Not Now
6. Joseph's Song
7. We Are Him
8. Sometimes I Dream I'm Hurting You
9. Sunflower's Here to Stay
10. Good Bye Mary Lou
11. Visitor
12. Star Chaser

Je ne connaissais pas Michael Gira (ex-Swans), maintenant c'est chose faite et j'avoue que je reste sans voix!!!

Et pourtant lui il en a une belle (voix), touchante, écorchée, elle fait frissonner... son dernier opus est magnifique!

Du son :
http://www.myspace.com/theangelsoflight

http://www.myspace.com/mgira

et le label qu'il manage :

http://www.myspace.com/younggodrecords

http://www.younggodrecords.com

En anglais :

"Michael Gira is one of maybe ten people in the whole world who inspired me to pick up a guitar and try to write songs in the first place. He continues to be a tremendous influence on me. A new Angels of Light record is always cause for celebration around our house, and though each one is always better than the last, this new one is going to be hard to top… Forget everything you know about Michael Gira and Angels of Light, even if you love everything you know about Michael Gira and Angels of Light (which I most certainly do) - We Are Him is an intimidatingly great album and a highlight in a career of highlights…. Michael Gira taught me that you don't need to play loud to play heavy, you don't need to compromise to be a success to those who really count, and all you need to make rock and roll soup is some piss, some vomit, a little blood, and a few hundred wet cigarette butts." - James Toth / Wooden Wand

"We Are Him is the most assured and relaxed Angels of Light album since the debut, and deserves to be considered alongside Gira's highest peaks. The frightening rage of old Swans surfaces several times, albeit in more bucolic clothing; the contrast is bracing. Lyrically Gira's constantly in-pocket, addressing his subjects with renewed agility, but
also in a very relaxed voice; if De Sade had lived long enough to tell folk tales around a campfire, some of them might have sounded like this. The genuinely playful orchestration - banjos? horns? chimes? slide? check – is by turns charming and perverse, and has a band-of-brethren feel to it that's both ominous and exiting. The title track is like a pure shot of adrenaline. An intimate, unexpected masterpiece." - John Darnielle/The Mountain Goats

"the moment I played -we are him- my heart exploded with the feeling 'that voice!!!!!!' and it has done it to me everytime I have ever heard it. From my first cassette of filth to this newest work, michael gira's singing is my favorite gentle violence and lovers strangulation. Now is the best he has ever sounded and I cannot without sounding insanely thrilled express how much this means to me. -we are him- is touching, frightening, wonderfully different and whole." } - Jamie Stewart / Xiu Xiu

"What‚s a young turk to do when Michael Gira, at 52, is at the height of his powers? Everything I‚ve loved about his previous work ˆ the apocalyptic soundscapes, the window-shattering drums, the glistening acoustic passages, the voice like God speaking out of the whirlwind - is distilled and reimagined in these songs, and infused with an organic warmth that only makes them the more urgent and harrowing. By turns frightening, funny, cathartic, wise, even strangely sweet, "We Are Him" is a sprawling masterpiece by an artist whose muse seems more fertile than ever." - Jonathan Meiburg / Shearwater

"Michael’s shirtless screaming is now finally reborn into something closer to the intensity of Nina Simone than punk rock. The song forms are now clear and strong enough to support vocal performances that sometimes sound like a 25-year-old Michael simultaneously hallucinating and dictating the dark underbelly of the Amercian Dream. And now that this strength and intensity is firmly rooted in tradition it can take on a whole new level of meaning and interplay and understanding that I find simply wonderful. This is not indie rock or Americana, this is authentic American music; or as Gram Parsons said, ' Cosmic American Music ' " - Seth Olinsky / Akron/Family
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    www.apinkdream.org Index du Forum -> Other voices Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: